Saturday, May 29, 2010

Muse

I've been channeling my emotions through my words for few months now. My very first poem is 'Two Birds' and since then, the Bluebird has been travelling, meeting new people and venturing new places while trying to  understand his own 'world'.

Many of my poems are related to birds. My cousin, Rehan Who even give a 'theme' to them - "The Bird Chronicles'. I like it. Hehe. Actually, I was inspired to start writing poems because of her. She wrote many beautiful poems herself. It never occur to me that  I could write a poem in English. I never imagine that words are actually flowing inside my head. The inspirations keep coming. When I was washing my hands at the sink, inside the bathroom, and even when I went to sleep. And I'm loving every minute of it. It's like an addiction to me. But, they are still raw and rough. And I'm no better writer than anyone else.

The inspirations come from many different events in my life - jealousy, hatred, madness, loneliness, homesickness, others relationship and even my addiction to makeup. But most of them are about FRIENDSHIP. I sometimes too 'clingy' to my friends.huhu..I wish that I can write more of my religion, then there's 'Bluebird and The Hijabist'. And now my poems are evolving into somehow sweet and temperate.

Up until now I've written 30 poems. My favourites are True Wish/Bind, Bluebird and The Hijabist, Peacock's Painting and Half My Deen.

But lately, it's very hard to find any inspiration. I guess, this thing doesn't comes naturally...

No comments: